The Official Far Cry 2 Map Editing Guide bridges the distance between playing and designing video games. Drawing on a variety of disciplines, including game design theory, military science, environmental geography, and urban planning, the book provides PC, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 gamers with in depth advice on creating their own multiplayer maps for Far Cry 2, using the user-friendly PC and console mapping tools that ship with the game.
The book is written and edited by David Hutchison, author of Playing to Learn: Video Games in the Classroom, and includes several contributions from members of the Far Cry 2 map making community.
Table of Contents1. The Far Cry 2 Map Editor
2. Game Design Theory
3. Physical Geography
4. Military Geography
5. Urban Warfare
6. Special Operations
7. Afterword: From Map Maker to Game Developer
Click here to view the full Table of Contents and a few sample pages from the book.
- An introduction to game design via the Far Cry 2 map editor
- One of the first game design books to directly address the topics of military science, military geography, and special operations
- A cataloged listing of every asset in the Far Cry 2 map editor, including all buildings and objects
- Contributed articles written by members of the Far Cry 2 development team, including the developer of the Far Cry 2 map editor
- Contributed articles written by leading members of the Far Cry 2 map making community
- PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 map analyses
- Over three dozen screenshots